Estate De Uitkijk is located in the middle of the forests of the Sallandse Heuvelrug right on the Pieterpad. Even the nicest part of the Pieterpad. That’s not just our opinion, but also in many walking guides, weblogs and by our guests is the stage between Ommen – Hellendoorn and Hellendoorn – Nijverdal described as a diverse, beautiful and unique landscape. From estate De Uitkijk you can walk the Pieterpad route to Ommen or Holten.
Additionally estate De Uitkijk is a perfect base for exploring beautiful Overijssel. Hellendoorn is situated in the middle of the Province of Overijssel, exactly on the border between Salland and Twente. All special and beautiful places are therefor steps away. Please consider visiting one of the interesting cultural, educational, natural and sports activities in the area during your stay at estate De Uitkijk:
- Castles and estates route by bike or on foot
- A visit to the old Hanseatic city of Zwolle or Deventer
- Museum Twentse Welle in Enschede
- Visit Avonturenpark Hellendoorn, a family park with over 30 attractions and shows
- The charming, picturesque village of Hellendoorn or one of the surrounding hamlets
- Visit a traditional museum, such as the farm museum Erve Hofman or the forge museum d’Oale Smederie.
- Follow several hiking and mountain biking trails with various height and weight differences in the Nationaal Park de Sallandse Heuvelrug
- Or maybe just play some golf at one of the nearby golf courses. De Koepel in Wierden, Hooge Graven Ommen or Het Langeloo in Haaksbergen
- You can participate in fun and educational hunts or visit the museum Natuurdiorama Holterberg
The employees of estate De Uitkijk would like to inform you about the sights and activities in the surroundings of Hellendoorn. At the reception of the hotel are cycling and walking routes available.